Thursday, December 6, 2012

Can Ghosts Hurt You? Five Facts About Ghostly Phenomenon

The first thing to consider is what we mean by 'hurt'. Typically we would consider that to be physical injury, and I would definitely say that a ghost cannot hurt a human directly, they cannot inflict a physical injury themselves.
Here are five facts - according to my experiences and those of whom I trust - about ghostly phenomenon and how they can help answer this query.
1. I believe that the most common form of 'ghost' is a residual haunting, a recording in time if you like. It is where a repeated, significant or traumatic incident in history is etched into the fabric of time and space. These incidents play out - particularly anniversaries, but not always - in the same way that they did originally. There is therefore no interaction with others who are in this current place and time. As a result there is no way that these 'ghosts' can physically hurt you.
2. The second most common paranormal occurrence is a visitation of a loved one from spirit. They are usually checking in, letting you their relatives know they are safe and well on the other side and looking out for the little ones in the family. There is no reason why anyone would get hurt by these type of ghostly visitors. Even those relatives who were not particularly pleasant when they were alive typically come back to apologise and let their loved ones know that they can now see the error of their ways.
3. As far as other ghosts are concerned, I do not believe that they have any power here in the physical world as it's not their realm of existence. I know someone reading this is thinking, 'What about poltergheists?'
And, yes, you have a point, from time to time, poltergheist activity can cause items to move, and fly around. However, it is exceptionally rare. This isn't caused by any power that the spirit has, it is caused by the power that the spirit harnesses from those around it, particularly from their fear. We allow it to have our fear and it can use it to manifest movement. In these incidents the objects may indeed inflict injury on humans, although I would always question whether that was the intention of the noisy spirit, or simply the outcome of their frustration.
A secondary consideration is that not all harm is physical, fear can be as harmful, whether of something real or a perceived fear. Humans can inflict harm on others using fear and intimidation and we can,of course, scare ourselves witless by watching a film.
4. I believe that the fear comes mostly from ourselves, from our lack of understanding, from our own imagination and from a feeling of being out of control. I don't believe that this is something that the spirit intends to cause (in the vast majority of cases) but maybe that's a matter for debate.
5. When you consider that a lot people are intrigued by ghostly goings on, they most often go into a situation thinking it's exciting, if a bit scary, (but that's often the point right?) Very often when they then actually experience something that they cannot explain, their excitement very quickly turns to fear and their imagination takes over. They are no longer behaving rationally. They can become scared, emotionally vulnerable and very often accident prone as well. In such circumstances as a ghost hunt with the inexperienced, injury may occur from an accident, and the fear may leave mental scars such as bad dreams or a residual jumpiness. So was this caused by a ghost,? Of course not, but it may be claimed as such.
I stick to my stock answer, No, in 99% of cases I don't believe that ghosts can harm you. You can bring harm to yourself and other (living) people around you as a result of ghost-hunting, dabbling, or whatever you would like to call it but that's different. What about the other 1%? Well, that's for another time.
Helen Leathers is a lifelong intuitive, clairvoyant and medium, some would say psychic. Helen prefers the term 'a naturally modern mystic'. Helen teaches, inspires and encourages spiritual growth, personal and psychic development.
Helen draws on her natural and intuitive abilities along with many years of research and personal development to produce books, products and programs to help you, whether you're just a little curious, an absolute beginner or have been involved in spiritual and psychic development for some time.
Article Source:

No comments: