A lot of people are of the mistaken notion that casting spells is the same as performing magic. Although related, spells and magic (also spelled as magick, to distinguish it from stage magic or magic tricks) have a lot of dissimilarities.
A spell is cast or done to cause magic. Magic, however, can happen even without a spell, especially if performed by an experienced and skilled practitioner. Magic rituals are performed to make magic work. These rituals are words and actions that are precisely defined. Whether it is the words or the set of actions that matters most in creating the power of magic, is debatable.
Casting spells, therefore is a type of magic and one of the easiest to perform. Concentration, faith and knowledge are necessary for spells and magic to work. It is easier to develop than other forms of magic.
Magical spells known today are believed to have originated from the Celts who performed them in faithful observance of their religion. Herbs, candles, and potions were used in rituals that were performed in honor of their god and goddess. They were said to gain mystical powers from nature. The Celts believed that energy can be channeled from the trees, sun, stars and other forces of nature, into them. In modern times, this religion is known as Wicca.
Other religions also performed spells and magic as religious rituals like the voodooists from West Africa. And just like the wiccans, they are highly spiritual and believed that their daily practice of voodoo is the key to achieving what they want to accomplish in life. They cast spells for a purpose. To them, magic is a spiritual experience that only works with the right amount of faith.
Practitioners of magic believe that it works with the following underlying principles:
1. Mystical force or energy - This is said to be the fluctuations in the energy that is present in all things whether living or inanimate; commonly known as mana, chi, or knundalini.
2. Spirit intervention - Believers claim that this comes from forces similar to nature but who have consciousness and intelligence. According to them, there is a whole hierarchy of different kinds of beings not known to the common man.
3. Manipulation of elements - In this principle, the will of the practitioner of spells and magic affects the state of an element represented by an object. In western practice, the classical elements of earth, air, water, and fire are commonly used.
4. Meditation - Focus on an imagined object is said to produce mystical attainment where the subject unites with the object.
5. Magical power of the subconscious - It is believed that the subconscious mind works magic and that spirits, mystical energies, projections and symbols make sense to it.
6. Oneness of All - This principle contends that magic is merely an application to demonstrate one's inherent unity or oneness with the universe.
Spells and magic are potentially harmful and must be used responsibly. According to members of the Wiccan religion, they are perpetually being looked at with disdain by society in general because of the abusive use of magic by some non-member practitioners.
Are you looking for the best in Spells and Magic?
If you want Magic Spells That Really Work visit our website.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Damian_Bana