Using a pendulum is a form of 'kinesiology.' As with muscle testing, your own 'body spirit' or 'body angel' who is in charge of moving the subtle energy around your body, responds to your thoughts and words using that energy to move the pendulum and answer your questions.
Historically, dowsing (the use of a pendulum for answers) has been known for its ability to locate water, gold, oil and other minerals, but it has also been used in many instances involving issues of life and death. Many people have used the pendulum to detect allergies and other ailments, and even to accurately determine the gender and birth date of unborn babies (baby gender prediction).
Throughout history, people have turned to the pendulum to guide them when their lives were at stake. In dire circumstances during the Vietnam War, some U.S. marines were taught to use a pendulum to locate underground mines and tunnels.
Some people say that the pendulum creates a bridge between the logical and intuitive parts of the mind. Some say that the pendulum connects them with a higher power and call it "divining" as the information is believed to come from a divine source. Research by many scientists indicates that the pendulum responds to electromagnetic energy that radiates from everything on Earth. No one knows for sure how the pendulum works, but the important thing is that it does work! As Thomas Edison is said to have replied when asked about electricity: "I don't know what it is, but it's there, let's use it."
Another way of looking at it is realizing that a TV antenna can pick up invisible rays and translate them into pictures, so perhaps the inherent electrical current of the brain can also act as a receiver for which the pendulum serves as a transmitter.
But regardless, even if you do not understand how the pendulum works, just as most people don't know the inner workings of a television or telephone, you can still benefit from its use. You do not have to be psychic to use a pendulum; there is nothing magical or mystical despite the fact that friends and family are always amazed at its uncanny accuracy.
The most inexpensive pendulum can be made for less than a penny by tying a small object such as a small nut on the end of a piece of string. Expensive pendulums can be made from the finest of crystals. The crystals are believed to possess certain energies that are compatible with the user's energies to get the best results.
What makes it work? Tiny muscles in your finger tips are connected to the motor centers of the brain and it is these motor centers that are affected by unconscious thoughts. Your unconscious thoughts cause the tiny muscles in your fingers to react and thus move the pendulum. This is called the idiomatic response. The pendulum then becomes a direct link to your unconscious. And the unconscious is where thoughts and memories are stored that your conscious is unaware of. The pendulum is a means of connecting with those hidden truths and memories. You try...
Here's How to Use a Pendulum:
1. Choose A Pendulum: Allow a pendulum to choose you. If you like the way it looks or feels, it is meant for you.
2. Cleanse Your Pendulum: You may cleanse it by holding it under running cold tap water, soaking it in sea salt, or setting a mental intention to free it of 'picked up energies.'
3. Understand the Directional Swings of Your Pendulum: Pendulums swing in vertical straight lines, horizontal straight lines, and in circular movements.
4. Define the Directional Swings of Your Pendulum: Assign each directional swing a "response" by first asking the pendulum to show you what certain responses look like. Prop your elbow on the table, with the pendulum between your thumb and forefinger, Ask: What does a NO look like? What does a YES look like? or Say "My name is (your name)." This should give you a YES response. Asking it the wrong name should give you a NO response.
Pendulum Response Examples:
-vertical swing signifies NO -horizontal swing signifies YES -circular movement signifies NEUTRAL
5. Prepare Your Questions: A question should be one that can be answered with a positive, negative or neutral response. Good Example Question: Is this cereal beneficial for my body?
Poor Example Question: Will I have a boy or a girl?
6. Ask Your Questions: Be prepared to ask several questions in order to receive enough information to aid you in your quest for answers. You may need to ask several questions about the same subject in order to get accurate information. For example:
-Is this cereal beneficial for my body? Response: No -Is the oat flour in the cereal beneficial for my body? Response: Yes (oats are ok) -Is the barley in the cereal beneficial for my body? Response: Yes (barley is ok)
Is the corn flour in the cereal beneficial for my body? Response: No (there is your answer. Your body cannot tolerate corn products at this time.) Remember your body can tolerate some foods one day and not the next. Therefore it is important to use your pendulum daily if on a special food program.
7. Between Questions: Make sure to completely stop any pendulum motion between questions to clear any lingering energies that pertain to the previous question.
8. Have fun. Keep an open mind!
For links to additional FREE articles and downloads please visit [http://www.intuitivehealth.com]
Check out: Bente's proven health and weight loss program through weekly personal coaching.
Bente Hewitt is a long-time student of natural health modalities. She is a nutritional consultant and founder of Intuitive Health, LLC. She is passionate about educating and helping adults and children of all ages with her realistic approach to the wellness process. Through her Optimal Health Program she works to eliminate food allergies and eradicate Candida, promoting natural bacterial balance, proper energy flow and digestion and overall well being. With the proper foods to fit your body type, nutritional supplements, dietary and lifestyle guidance, you too can be on your way to optimal health.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Bente_Hewitt